Bacon, Cheddar Zucchini Bread, a delicious zucchini, cheesy, bacon no yeast savory loaf. Great for brunches, lunch boxes, parties! Freezer friendly and easy to make. The flavors are simply wonderful! This is delicious served warm from the oven or cooled.
A really simple and easy recipe and very pleasing!
This savory loaf contains No Yeast, think of it more like a cake texture, only savory. This is a moist, soft loaf/pound cake, and incredibly easy to make.
They freeze very well, so always handy if you have unexpected visitors for a light lunch or brunch! As you can see, I've also made these as Bacon and Cheddar Zucchini Bread Muffins.
They are really great to take along to parties, pot lucks, picnics etc. You can also make ahead and freeze. They really are an all-rounder!
For this recipe we've used our basic Zucchini Bread recipe and adapted it to take it to another level.
It's so delicious with the added bacon and cheese and makes for a perfect breakfast, brunch, lunchtime snack or as a side with some chilli or a nice stew.
Whichever way you decide to serve our Bacon, Cheddar, and Zucchini Bread, you won't be disappointed!
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup or 120 ml oil
Half (about 1 cup) of a whole zucchini, washed and shredded
1 cup or 200 g cooked and drained chopped bacon (cooled)
1 cup or 100 g grated Cheddar cheese
6 Tablespoons of milk
1 1/2 cups or 190 g All Purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and mix for 5 minutes . Switch off the mixer and using a wooden spoon, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add 6 Tablespoons of milk.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
3. Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake at 325 F / 170 C for 1 hr 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick the center is cooked.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Baking Times For Different Pans
*** You can make this in a 9 x 13 in pan, double the recipe and check if cooked through after around 35 - 40 minutes.
You can also use this recipe (same quantity ingredients as the regular loaf) to make 12 muffins, bake at the same temperature for between 30 - 35 minutes.
The photo below was taken by Alison North who baked her muffins to take to a work party!
Cathy Kopp also shares some photos of her bake which she decided to enter in to a competition!
She came 3rd so many congratulations!
Cathy got 3 Mini loaves from the batter
Cathy won a prize for submitting our recipe!
Serve warm or cooled, it's delicious either way! Enjoy!
Following feedback, please note the cook time may be a little longer so please check after the recommended cook time to see if the center of the loaf is cooked through.
If not, just keep it in the oven at the same temperature for a little longer and it will be fine!
If you're worried the top might burn, just cover with a piece of foil for the remaining cook time. (I haven't ever had to do this, but it's always a good tip to know when you are baking!)
We've also got another delicious recipe for Bacon, Sweetcorn and Pepper Bread for you to enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml oil
- 1 cup Or Half of a whole zucchini, washed and shredded, about 1
- 1 cup or 200 g cooked and drained chopped bacon, cooled
- 1 cup or 100 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 1/2 cups or 190 g All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and mix for 5 minutes . Switch off mixer and using a wooden spoon, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add 6 Tablespoons of milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake at 325 F / 170 C for 1 hr 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick the center is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
Honey-Can-Do 2592 Paper Loaf Pan, 25-Pack, 8-Inches x 2.5-Inches x 2-Inches
Walfos Nonstick Silicone Bread and Loaf Pan Set of 2, BPA Free ! Without Chemical Coating，Just Pop Out! Easy release and baking mold for Homemade Cakes, Breads, Meatloaf and quiche.
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
Paper Baking Mini Loaf Pan by Kitchen Supply, 4 x 2 x 2 inch, Set of 25
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g