Bacon, Cheddar Zucchini Loaf. A wonderful light and fluffy bread with great flavors. Serve warm or cold, it’s delicious either way! great for brunches, lunch boxes,parties too!
Bacon & Cheddar Zucchini Bread. The flavours are simply wonderful! This is delicious served warm from the oven or cooled. It has a texture of a cake, only the flavours are of course savoury. A really simple and easy recipe and very pleasing!
This is a moist, soft loaf / pound cake, and incredibly easy to make. They freeze very well, so always handy if you have unexpected visitors for a light lunch or brunch!
As you can see, I’ve also made these as muffins. They are really great to take along to parties, pot lucks etc. You can also make ahead and freeze. They really are an all rounder!
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup or 120 ml oil
Half (about 1 cup) of a whole zucchini, washed and shredded
1 cup or 200 g cooked and drained chopped bacon (cooled)
1 cup or 100 g grated Cheddar cheese
6 Tablespoons of milk
1 1/2 cups or 190 g All Purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and mix for 5 minutes . Switch off mixer and using a wooden spoon, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add 6 Tablespoons of milk.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
*** You can make this in a 9 x 13 in pan, double the recipe and check if cooked through after around 35 – 40 minutes.
You can also use this recipe (same quantity ingredients as the regular loaf) to make 12 muffins, bake at the same temperature for between 30 – 35 minutes. The photo below was taken by Alison North who baked her muffins to take to a work party!
Cathy Kopp also shares some photos of her bake which she decided to enter in to a competition! She came 3rd so many congratulations!
Serve warm or cooled, it’s delicious either way! Enjoy!
****UPDATE**** Following feedback, please note the cook time may be a little longer so please check after the recommended cook time to see if the centre of the loaf is cooked through. If not, just keep it in the oven at the same temperature for a little longer and it will be fine!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml oil
- cup Half of a whole zucchini washed and shredded, about 1
- 1 cup or 200 g cooked and drained chopped bacon cooled
- 1 cup or 100 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 1/2 cups or 190 g All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and mix for 5 minutes . Switch off mixer and using a wooden spoon, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add 6 Tablespoons of milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake at 325 F / 170 C for 1 hr 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick the center is cooked.