This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodie supporters, Kathy Parent.
Kathy loves to bake, and has loads of tasty recipes up her sleeve!
Here, Kathy has made a delicious moist zucchini bread and often Kathy will make several in one go as they’re so popular with her family.
This is a moist, soft loaf / pound cake, and incredibly easy to make. They freeze very well, so always handy if you have unexpected visitors for coffee time! So let’s see how Kathy makes this wonderful bread.
Recipe by Kathy Parent
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 – 1 1/4 hrs
Yield: Makes 2 loaves using loaf pan size, 8 inches by 4 inches.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil *** See notes below
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup black walnuts (optional)
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
**** If you wish to reduce the fat content, one of our foodie friends, Bonnie Wisdorf has tried this recipe using 1/2 cup of oil and 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 to 1-1/2 bananas). Bonnie says it turned out great!
**** If you wish to make only ONE loaf, halve all the ingredients apart from the eggs. Make the eggs 2 and not 3.
1. In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and zucchini and mix for 5 minutes .
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour baking soda and baking powder then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
3. Pour the batter into the two greased bread pans and bake at 300 F for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil *** See notes below
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup black walnuts optional
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and zucchini and mix for 5 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour baking soda and baking powder then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the two greased bread pans and bake at 300 F for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.