Nanny Pat's Chicken Marsala on a bed of angel hair pasta. Absolutely delicious easy dinner recipe. Tender pieces of chicken coated in a delicious marsala sauce. Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe.
You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group.
Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, a Chicken Marsala which she's served up on a bed of Angel Hair (or Capellini) pasta. It certainly looks delicious!
This chicken marsala recipe is very straightforward and full of flavor. You have the lovely taste of marsala wine in the sauce which coats the tender chicken pieces. It's simply delicious!
So let's see how we make Nanny Pat's Chicken Marsala
Recipe by Pat Milton
30 - 40 minutes
2 - 4 Persons
1 container sliced mushrooms
Juice of 2 lemons
1 Tablespoon butter
½ Tablespoon olive oil
1 package of Boneless Chicken breasts (each cut in bite size pieces)
1 Teaspoon Oregano
A couple of shaved cloves of garlic.
Fresh ground pepper & Salt to taste
2 eggs, whisked well
Flour for dredging
3 Cups / 700 ml Holland House Marsala Cooking wine or an Italian Marsala
1 Cups / 230 ml Chicken Broth
Fresh Grated Parmesan/Romano cheese & sprigs of parsley for the garnish
1. Saute mushrooms in butter, in a large saute pan until cooked, and using a slotted spoon remove into a bowl, and set aside...reserving juices in that pan then add the olive oil. In the photo below we also addded a sliced onion.
2. Dip chicken pieces in the whisked egg, and roll in the flour, to make sure all are covered well. Brown the pieces in the saute pan with the garlic (adding more butter, if needed).
3. Add the wine & broth, and the reserved mushrooms.
4. Add the juice of 2 lemons, and bring to a boil, and then simmer for ½ hr., or so. Sprinkle on the oregano.
Serve over Angel Hair Pasta
I would definitely make again, and Hubby liked it too.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of Nanny Pat's Chicken Marsala recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Nanny Pat’s Chicken Marsala
Nanny Pat's Chicken Marsala on a bed of angel hair pasta. Absolutely delicious and easy dinner recipe
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 in package of Boneless Chicken breasts, each cut bite size pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- cloves Couple of shaved of garlic.
- Fresh ground pepper & Salt to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked well
- Flour for dredging
- 3 Cups / 700 ml Holland House Marsala Cooking wine or an Italian Marsala
- 1 Cups / 230 ml Chicken Broth
- Fresh Grated Parmesan/Romano cheese & sprigs of parsley for the garnish
- Saute mushrooms in butter, in a large saute pan until cooked, and using a slotted spoon remove into a bowl, and set aside...reserving juices in that pan then add the olive oil.
- Dip chicken pieces in the whisked egg, and roll in the flour, to make sure all are covered well. Brown the pieces in the saute pan with the garlic (adding more butter, if needed).
- Add the wine & broth, and the reserved mushrooms.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons, and bring to a boil, and then simmer for ½ hr., or so. Sprinkle on the oregano.
- Serve over Angel Hair Pasta
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 1637mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Here's a few more lovely recipes from Nanny Pat for you to enjoy!
Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake
Nanny's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs
Nanny's Best Chocolate Brownie Muffins
Hi! I really want to try this Chicken Marsala recipe, but I have two questions – what size package of mushrooms, and what size package chicken breasts? Thank you!
Hi there, you can use 2-3 chicken breasts, (about 1 per person) and as many mushrooms as you like. I usually gauge around 1/2 cup of mushrooms per person.
Hope that helps! It’s a delicious recipe so please enjoy!
I put onions in almost everything, and didn’t mention them, but use them of course, and Papa does not care for rice, and I love it…..It is good either way….glad you tried it….
I LOVE Rice, and agree, BUT hubby does not care for it, hard for me to comprehend but true..AND, the 1st thing he said, “what no onions”..??? That was the 1st time I made it, and definitely will use Onions the next time…<3
I made it but with a few variations. Was very nice but think I would serve it with rice next time. Added cream, onions and paprika.
Sounds tasty Jan! and of course I would expect you would have rice….being an ex Hong Konger!
The thing I love about this, is you can add or subtract what you like, and don’t like….such a great recipe, and so glad that several have liked when they tried it…It is for sure, a Keeper..Making it for our almost 23 yr. old granddaughter who will spend a couple of nights w/ us next week, as she loves it…Hi to everyone..<3 Nanny Pat