An easy No-Bake Lime and Chocolate Cheesecake with zingy lime and chocolate running throughout a creamy cheesecake filling on a chocolate base. Delicious!
This Lime and Chocolate Cheesecake is a sight to behold!
This is an easy cheesecake to make, requiring no cooking whatsoever, BUT the hardest part is resisting all temptation to eat it until it has chilled a little!
The zingy, tangy zesty flavor coming from the limes in combination with the chocolate cookie base and grated chocolate topping is just so delicious.
The base is made up of double chocolate chip cookies, and when you combine that with the zesty lime filling, it tastes absolutely delicious!
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
Equipment you will need
1 round 8 inch / 20 cm spring form or loose bottomed cake pan. be sure it is at least 4 inches deep to fit the filling in.
Ingredients you'll need
- Double chocolate chip cookies - you can of course use Graham Crackers or Digestive biscuits, but these chocolate cookies make all the difference!
- Cream Cheese - you can use low fat or full fat. You choose!
- Double / Heavy Cream
- Fresh Limes - This is what will give you the zesty sharp lime flavor
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Make the Base
1. Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin.
2. Melt butter and add to the cookie crumbs and combine with a fork.
3. Put the mixture in an 8-inch loose bottom pan, compacting down and leave in the fridge.
Make the Filling
1. Mix cream cheese and cream together in a separate bowl until fluffy and well combined.
2. Add the zest of the limes (leave some to one side for decorating the top), and the lime juice.
When combined, add the powdered sugar to your taste and combine.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
4. Once set, decorate with lime zest and grated chocolate and mint leaves if you wish. Enjoy!
- 250 g or 9 oz Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g or ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 800 g or 3 x 8 oz packs Cream Cheese
- 400 ml or 1 & ⅔ cups Double / Heavy Cream
- Zest of 5 limes
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 100 g – 300g or ¾ - 2 ½ cups Powdered sugar, to your taste
- 20 g or 1 oz Grated Dark Chocolate for topping
Make the Base
- Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter and add to the cookie crumbs and combine with a fork.
- Put the mixture in an 8 inch loose bottom pan and leave in the fridge.
Make the Filling
- Mix cream cheese and cream together in a separate bowl until fluffy and well combined.
- Add the zest of the limes (leave some to one side for decorating the top), and the lime juice. When combined, add the powdered sugar to your taste and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Once set, decorate with lime zest and grated chocolate and mint leaves if you wish. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate