Easy Baked Creamy Cheesecake, a simple and straightforward recipe for a baked cheesecake with no frills. Just a really tasty and easy dessert!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Cari's Easy Baked Creamy Cheesecake. It's creamy, and nice and fluffy like a baked cheesecake should be!
A story to tell…..Carina was about to put a nice topping of raspberry jam on her cheesecake but…. her son took it home with him before she could get the final photo, so imagination is necessary for a topping! Aint kids the best!
We've made this recipe several times, it works really well when you're in a rush, and want a simple, straightforward dessert.
The ingredients are regular pantry ingredients, and for the fruit, you can opt-out, or feel free to add any other fruit you like. For example, you can use any frozen berries, such as blueberries, strawberries etc, or indeed canned fruit.
I call this our emergency dessert because I always have the ingredients in my kitchen, so it's a very handy and flexible recipe to have in your collection.
The recipe itself is very easy to make, and even the kiddies enjoy helping by bashing the graham crackers to crumbs and mixing the batter.
This baked cheesecake works best if you allow it to completely cool and chill for a few hours so it's easy to cut into slices. To speed things up, you can always pop it in the freezer for an hour to firm up enough to slice and serve.
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how easy it is to make this cheesecake.
Variations to flavors:
Add orange zest and extract
Add Lemon zest and extract
Add 2 tablespoons of Irish cream
Add different fruits, fresh, canned or frozen
Add 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder to the batter and ½ cup of melted chocolate
Recipe by Carina Duclos
For the base:
1 & ⅓ cups or 160 g graham crackers crumbs (or Digestive biscuits for non US)
⅓ cup or 65 g brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
⅓ cups or 75 g melted butter
For the filling:
12 oz or 340 g cream cheese room temperature
½ cup or 100 g white sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp rum extract
6 oz or 170 g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
Make the base
2. Combine the crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir the melted butter. Press evenly into a 9 inche pie plate
Make the filling
3. Beat the cheese with the sugar until well-mixed.
Add eggs one at a time and keep beating.
Add the vanilla and the rum. Beat until smooth.
Add the raspberries and pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
When completely cool you can choose to spread some raspberry preserve on top or fresh raspberries, grated chocolate etc. Be creative and let your imagination run wild!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
For the base:
- 1 & ⅓ cups or 160 g graham crackers crumbs, or Digestive biscuits for non US
- ⅓ cup or 65 g brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cups or 75 g melted butter
- 12 oz or 340 g cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup or 100 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp rum extract * optional
- 6 oz or 170 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
- Make the base
- Combine the crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir the melted butter. Press evenly into a 9 inche pie plate
Make the filling
- Beat the cheese with the sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at the time and keep beating.
- Add the vanilla and the rum. Beat until smooth.
- Add the raspberries and pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
- When completely cool you can choose to spread some raspberry preserve on top or fresh raspberries, grated chocolate etc. Be creative and let your imagination run wild!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KINGSBULL HOME Pie Pan Porcelain Pie Dish Ceramic Pie Plate 10.5-Inch Teal Non-Stick Safe for Microwaves, Dishwasher, Ovens, Navy blue
Wilton Performance Pans Flower Cake Pan, 4-Piece Petal Shaped Set of 17, 12.75 and 9-Inch Pans
Kitchen Craft Home Made 26.5 x 6 cm Extra Large Round Pie Dish
Cocoa Dutch, 100% Cocoa Powder, net weight 200 g (Pack of 1 piece) / 8y KK
Hiware Springform Pan Set of 3 Non-stick Cheesecake Pan, Leakproof Round Cake Pan Set Includes 3 Pieces 6" 8" 10" Springform Pans with 150 Pcs Parchment Paper Liners
S & K S&K Pie Server. A Cake and Pastry Spatula a Strong Food-Grade Stainless Steel Cake Slicer a Pie Cutter Edge. Our Pie Servers look great too. S&K metal pie knife for serving a perfect slice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate