Blueberry Croissant Puff. A lovely easy recipe perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
Blueberry Croissant Puff! Oh boy, this is a keeper recipe! It's full of delicious blueberries, bursting with juiciness. The croissant filling is lovely and puffy and made creamy and luxurious with the addition of cream cheese.
This is perfect for a dessert, a breakfast or a brunch. It takes no time at all to prepare, and you can bake it right away or indeed, prepare the night before and refrigerate until the following day then bake.
Serve as it is, warm, chilled, with a blob of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and it will soon become a favorite recipe in your home too!
Nanny Pat always has the most wonderful, easy recipes and this one was adapted from our Lovefoodies Peach Croissant Puff recipe. The peach one also has the addition of coconut milk and leaves out the cream cheese. So you can decide which you prefer, or even make them both!
Recipe Adapted from our Lovefoodies recipe, Peach Croissant Puff and made by Pat Milton
5 regular Croissants
1 Cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Cut the croissants into large chunks or slices and place in a 9 " square oven proof pan
3. Sprinkle the croissants with the blueberries.
4. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar & vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly add the milk, whilst still mixing.
5. Pour evenly over croissant and blueberries. Allow to soak in for about 15 minutes, or leave refrigerated overnight.
*TIP: Take a flat spatula and gently push down the mixture so it absorbs into the croissants.
6. Bake until set in centre & golden brown, about 45 - 50 minutes.
7. Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with Confectioner's sugar and/or whipped cream.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our blueberry croissant puff recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 5 regular Croissants
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries, or frozen
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut the croissants in to large chunks and place in a 9 " square oven proof pan
- Sprinkle the croissants with the blueberries.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar & vanilla and beat until smooth.Slowly add the milk, whilst still mixing.
- Pour evenly over croissant and blueberries. Allow to soak in for about 15 minutes, or leave refrigerated overnight.
*TIP: Take a flat spatula and gently push down the mixture so it absorbs in to the croissants.
- Bake until set in center & golden brown, about 45 - 50 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with Confectioner's sugar and / or whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate