Easy Cinnamon Swirl Loaf!
Here, Adelenne has made the most wonderful Cinnamon Loaf, moist and of course delicious!
Easy to make and the smell when this is baking is just wonderful, perfect with a nice cup of tea or glass of cold milk. Ahhhhh!
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
2 cups All Purpose / Plain flour
1 1/2 cups regular sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup powdered / icing sugar
2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease a 9-in loaf pan.
2. Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil; stir just until moistened.
3. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
4. Pour half of the batter into bread pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
5. Using a skewer or knife, cut through the batter to swirl a few times.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
7. For the glaze, combine icing / powdered sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf.
Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze half or all of it, wrap in parchment paper, then place in a zippy bag. Defrost as normal and enjoy! It will still be moist.