Papa's Blueberry Cobbler, a great easy dessert, packed with blueberries and topped with a buttery cobbler topping. Delicious served warm with cream or ice cream.
Let me introduce to you Nanny Pat!
Nanny Pat loves to bake, and as you can see from the photos, she likes her pie dishes! Nanny Pat seems to have a pie dish for every pie imaginable!
This Blueberry Cobbler is Papa's favorite cobbler of all time, so of course, we had to name it just so!
So let's see how Nanny makes it!
Recipe by Pat Milton
35 - 40 minutes
4 - 6 Persons
Equipment you'll need
8 or 9 inch pie dish (deep & oven proof)
3 cups Fresh Blueberries
3 tablespoons Regular Sugar
⅓ Cup Orange Juice
½ Cup butter softened
½ Cup regular sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
⅔ Cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Set oven to 375 F
2. Mix the filling ingredients in the baking dish you will use for the cobbler.
Make the topping:
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy then beat in 1 egg, and ½ tsp. vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and salt, until combined.
4. Drop the batter by rounded Tablespoons over blueberry mixture, trying to cover as much filling as possible, then spread evenly but roughly so you leave some bumps to get crispy in the oven.
5. Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 35-40 min, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling...Make sure to put something under to catch filling, if you are worried about it spilling over.
Check out our lovely creamy blueberry ice cream. It's so good and will go perfectly with Papa's blueberry cobbler!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Papa’s Blueberry Cobbler
Papa's Blueberry Cobbler, a great easy dessert, packed with blueberries and topped with a buttery cobbler topping. Delicious served warm with cream or ice cream
- 3 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Regular Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Cup butter softened
- ½ Cup regular sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp . vanilla
- ⅔ Cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp . Baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Set oven to 375 F
- Mix the filling ingredients in the baking dish you will use for the cobbler.
Make the topping:
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy then beat in 1 egg, and ½ tsp. vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and salt, until combined.
- Drop the batter by rounded Tablespoons over blueberry mixture, trying to cover as much filling as possible , then spread evenly but roughly so you leave some bumps to get crispy in the oven.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 min, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling...Make sure to put something under to catch filling, if you are worried about it spilling over.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Easy Warm Dessert Recipes
Here's a selection of delicious warm pudding recipes for you to enjoy
Dutch Apple Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce, this is a delicious dessert, wonderful served warm. Lovely chunks of apple, laced with cinnamon and then served with a drizzle of warm butterscotch sauce. So Yummy!
Pani Popo (Samoan Coconut Bread Rolls).
Pani Popo are deliciously soft, fluffy Samoan coconut bread buns, baked in a sweet and thick coconut sauce. Sticky soft bread rolls, ideal for breakfast, dessert or as a snack
Easy strawberry and rhubarb cobbler is a delicious dessert bursting with sharp and sweet flavors from the fruit, with a generous buttery crumble topping
Crock Pot Pecan Pineapple Upside Down Cake, an easy slow cooker recipe for a classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake, for a soft cake. A popular family dessert!
Blueberry and Almond Crumble
Blueberry and Almond Crumble, juicy sweet blueberries baked with a buttery almond crumble topping. An easy dessert recipe, cheap to make and so tasty!
English Eve's Apple Pudding Cake, a lovely layered warm dessert, made of sliced apples and vanilla cake. Easy to make, delicious served with custard or ice cream.
Sticky Toffee Pudding! This is a very popular dessert in England, often served warm with a delicious hot toffee sauce. Recipe here for Slow cooker, oven or steamer. You choose!
Blueberry Ripple Bread and Butter Pudding, a super easy dessert, a warm fruit breakfast casserole with blueberries and bread baked in a creamy sweet custard. Absolutely delicious served warm with a blob of ice cream, whipped cream, or both!
Easy Blueberry and Lemon Crumble Cake
Easy Blueberry and Lemon Crumble Cake.
Deliciously soft & moist cake packed with blueberries and a hint of lemon. Topped with a crumble topping. Easiest simple cake recipe ever!
Best Ever Rhubarb Crumble. A delicious easy dessert with juicy sweet and tangy rhubarb and a crisp, crunchy topping. A perfect pudding made from scratch.
Homemade Vanilla Pudding is a wonderful recipe using fresh ingredients. You can't beat homemade! |
Brown Sugar Bread Pudding is a classic dessert and very flexible with add ons such as nuts, dried fruits, or just keep it simple. That addition of the brown sugar makes this out of this world! Freezer friendly too!
Fluffy Apple Streusel Swirl Pudding - A wonderful bread and butter dessert, best served warm with a drizzle of Maple Syrup or a blob of ice cream..or both!
Raspberry Ripple Bread and Butter Pudding, slices of buttered bread, between layers of raspberries & baked in a sweet creamy custard.A delicious traditional British dessert. Serve warm or chilled