This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Jana Klaner Matson
So without further ado, let’s introduce Jana’s recipe!
Here, Jana shows us how she makes a Sweet Beer Bread, and the recipe is certainly easy, and the flavours are wonderful. Jana tells us that the alcohol from the beer is all cooked out during baking so you don’t need to worry if serving for children etc. Sounds perfect!
Recipe by Jana Klaner Matson
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Approx 55 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 Persons
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 ounces beer (any kind)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1.Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C / Gas 4 .
2. Melt the butter (can use microwave; melt 30 seconds at a time, stir in between).
3. Butter a loaf pan (use a brush to paint all of the inside) and set aside. You will use the rest of the melted butter later.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix thoroughly – keep in mind that the less you mix the batter, the lighter the bread will be. The mixture should be sticky; if too dry, you can mix in a splash of water.
5. Pour into the loaf pan (shape into loaf shape) and bake for 52 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with the remaining butter, and return to oven for the last 3 minutes of baking.
*** If you would like to make these in a muffin pan, reduce the cook time to around 25 minutes, test to see if the centers are done!