Chinese Garlic Shrimp. A wonderful easy and quick recipe with terrific flavors!
Gosh! Chinese Garlic Shrimp is an absolutely delicious recipe. It’s got wonderful flavors of five spice, garlic, salt and pepper, and a hint of chili pepper.
This recipe is very quick and easy to make, and very little preparation. You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp, if frozen, make sure you defrost them first!
Chinese Garlic Shrimp can be served for all kinds of different occasions. Party food, starters, main meals, snacks.. really, the sky’s the limit. If serving as a main meal, some lovely Jasmine rice and a simple vegetable stir fry would be perfect.
Whichever way you decide to serve these, be sure to make plenty because they never last! Always so popular!
So please enjoy our Chinese Garlic Shrimp.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 Persons
1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and de veined
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 Teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 chili, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
3 tablespoons Peanut oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. In a plastic ziplock bag, add the sugar, cornstarch, five-spice powder, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, add the chili, scallions, garlic and stir to combine.
2. Clean the shrimps and dry with paper towels, then place in the prepared zip lock bag with the cornstarch ingredients. Give it a shake so all the shrimps are well coated.
3. In a frying pan,add the peanut oil and over a high heat, heat the oil until it is sizzling hot. Then add the shrimp, cook until they just start turning pink, and turn so the other side of the shrimp are the same. Remove with a slotted spoon on to some kitchen paper.
**Note: You may need to cook the shrimp in two batches, depending on the size of your pan.
4. Turn the heat down and transfer the garlic scallion mixture to the pan until the garlic is a golden colour. Be careful not to burn the garlic as this will result in a bitter taste. Then add the shrimp back to the pan with the garlic and toss until everything is combined.
5. Serve as a starter, or a main dish with some lemon wedges and lovely fragrant Jasmine rice and a vegetable stir fry! and there you have our Chinese Garlic Shrimp!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
For some serving ideas, please take a look below and click on any of the photos:
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!