This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She’s always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Carina’s Chicken Bombay Salad. Carina says this is her hubby’s favourite salad and can’t stop eating it! It’s certainly delicious, the curry flavour is not hot, but gives a gentle hint of curry and a little colour to the dressing.
It’s an incredibly easy recipe to prepare and perfect if you want to make ahead and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. It’s always popular at parties so be sure to make plenty!
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: 2 – 4 portions (depends on using as a side or main)
3 cups shell pasta (cooked, drained and cold)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked, cooled and cubed
3 or 4 green onions (scallions) chopped
1 cup raisins
1 3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
A pinch salt
Dash of pepper
Squirt of lemon juice
1. In a bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
2. Add the cooled chicken and pasta, and combine everything.
3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for all the flavours to develop then serve.
- 3 cups shell pasta (cooked drained and cold)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked, cooled and cubed
- 3 or 4 green onions chopped scallions
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- A pinch salt
- Dash of pepper
- Squirt of lemon juice
In a bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
Add the cooled chicken and pasta, and combine everything.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for all the flavours to develop then serve.