Oven Roasted Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin, succulent pork tenderloin marinated using a mix of spices and brown sugar, baked with baby potatoes and onions, a perfect dinner.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Carina's oven roasted brown sugar pork tenderloin.
Carina tells me it's one of her hubby's favorites, so much so, she has to keep him out of the kitchen until she is ready to serve dinner!!
The smells when this is cooking is wonderful, and the tender, juicy pork with the rub is just so delicious!
The rub is made up of brown sugar and a mix of spices. When they're all rubbed in to the pork and then baked, the flavor is wonderful. the rub also keeps the pork tenderloin moist whist cooking, so you don't end up with dry pork.
The addition of baby potatoes and carrots makes this a perfect meal in a pan recipe, and if you wanted, you could also add some baby carrots or other vegetables, just make sure they are all cut to a similar size for even cooking.
It's an easy recipe, cook everything in one dish, and great for busy people who want to cook a meal in one!
1 hour 30 minutes (approximate)
3 -4 persons
For the roasting pan
2 pork tenderloins
2 lbs or 1 Kg mini red skin potatoes
3 medium size onions
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
For the brown sugar dry rub
2 cups or 400 g brown sugar
½ cup or 60 g mustard powder
¼ cup or 70 g sea salt
¼ cup or 40 g paprika
¼ cup or 40 g chili powder
¼ cup or 40 g garlic powder
2 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 375 F / 190C / Gas 5
2 . Roll the pork tenderloins in the rub, and place them in an oven pan ( I used a glass one).
3. Place the potatoes in between the tenderloins and sprinkle the potatoes with the same rub.
4. Cut the onions and distribute on top.
5. Sprinkle all over with the olive oil, a bit of salt, and pepper to taste.
Cook in Oven at 375 F for the first hour and down to 350F / 180C / Gas 4 for the last 30 minutes.
Please note cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your meat and also how many potatoes etc you have in the dish.rnrnAs a guide, the thicker the meat / more potatoes, the longer it may take to cook. Check the meat after 1 hour to see if the juices run clear. If they do, it’s ready!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
CARINA’S TOP TIP : Try to keep the pan away from your husband (if you can, mine already had a slice and this is tomorrow’s dinner)
For the oven dish
- 2 Pork tenderloins
- 2 lbs or 1 Kg mini red skin potatoes
- 3 medium size onions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the brown sugar rub
- 2 cups or 400 g brown sugar
- ½ cup or 60 g mustard powder
- ¼ cup or 70 g sea salt
- ¼ cup or 40 g paprika
- ¼ cup or 40 g chili powder
- ¼ cup or 40 g garlic powder
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190C / Gas 5
- Roll the pork tenderloins in the rub, place in an oven pan ( I used a glass one).
- Place the potatoes in between the tenderloins and sprinkle the potatoes with the same rub.
- Cut the onions and distribute on top.
- Sprinkle all with the olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in Oven at 375 for the first hour and down to 350F / 180C / Gas 4 for the last 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1001Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 7247mgCarbohydrates: 186gFiber: 17gSugar: 107gProtein: 27g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate