Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes! These pancakes are as fluffy as a feather!
For this recipe I have not used any butter or fat so as to keep it healthier. However, what you decide to use as a topping will of course change the calorie count!!
It might seem like a little trouble to whisk the egg white separately, but it is well worth the extra bowl you need to wash up in order to get a super fluffy pancake. They only take a matter of minutes to prepare and are delicious served warm from the pan.
I don’t use a lot of sugar in the batter because I usually like my pancakes with Maple Syrup poured over, so I find that sweet enough, however, if you have a very sweet tooth, feel free to add more.
Serve as a breakfast or indeed, make up a nice dessert with some fruits and ice cream. Easy, budget friendly and quick to make with no fuss!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6 pancakes
1 cup or 125 g Self Raising Flour
1 -2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 egg (separated)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons or 150 ml Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Maple Syrup for pouring on the top (optional)
** You can increase the sugar if you have a sweet tooth
1. Take 2 bowls and in one bowl, sieve the flour, salt and baking powder. Then add the sugar to the bowl.
2. In another bowl, separate the egg and add ONLY the egg WHITE. Whisk until soft peaks.
3. Add the egg YOLK and milk to the flour mixture. Add the vanilla extract and combine well.
4. Gently fold in the whisked egg white to the batter.
5. Over a low heat, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of pancake batter to a lightly greased fry pan and cook until golden. Flip the pancake and cook the other side, also until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
6. Serve hot with some lovely maple syrup poured over or a blob of butter!
There is not much sugar in this mixture because I have used syrup as a topping. Depending on what you have with the pancakes, you can adjust the sugar quantity accordingly.
Where possible, use Self raising flour as this makes all the difference to the fluffiness!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!