Peggy has generously given up her valuable time to share with us all how to make your own ground meat. The benefits are clear, in as far as you know exactly what you are adding to your meat, and you have more control over the fat content, texture and type of meat you use.
So thank you very much Peggy for sharing one of your many talents in this great tutorial on how to make your own ground meat.
Tutorial from Peggy Mitchell
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: nil
Yield: Not applicable
You will need : A Meat grinder
First, you will need a meat grinder. Fortunately I have one of the attachments for my kitchen aid.
Watch Peggy’s short video!
Gather your meat and prepare your meal..
Notes : You can use the meat grinder for any source of meat… Chicken, pork, turkey, etc… But PLEASE make sure you don’t cross grind your meat.Wash your machine thoroughly
We use our meat grinder for Wild Game if you are doing a meat that doesn’t have much fat, you can replace it with suet that you can purchase at your markets.
- Your chosen amount of Beef venison, pork etc
- First, you will need a meat grinder. Fortunately I have one of the attachments for my kitchen aid.
- Get a nice piece of meat, if you are doing ground beef it all depends how much fat you want in your meat. Here I have a small London Broil with some fat.
- You want to cut it into cubes to fit in your grinder.. Not too small just small enough so it doesn't get stuck
- You will see your meat being ground.. Here if you see its grounded too big there is attachments thatGather your meat and prepare your meal..
- Notes : You can use the meat grinder for any source of meat... Chicken, pork, turkey, etc... But PLEASE make sure you don't cross grind your meat.Wash your machine thoroughly make it smaller.