Coconut, Banana Walnut Loaf, a really easy cake recipe. Soft, moist bread, loaded with banana, walnuts, and coconut, perfect for breakfast or as a snack. Freezer friendly too!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Cari's Coconut, Banana Walnut Loaf Carina tells me this is full of deliciousness, light and fluffy and a pure delight to eat.
So let's see how Carina makes this delicious cake...oh, and the smells when this is baking are out of this world!
Recipe by Carina Duclos Copyright 2013
1 loaf cake
You will need
a 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 loaf pan
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut flakes
4 ripe bananas ( 3 if they are too big)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
For the end
1 cup of chopped walnuts (big pieces)
1. Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, then the wet ones, and combine. At the end add the walnuts
Tip: leave big pieces of walnut, cake is better like that with an added bite.
3. Place in your greased loaf pan and in the oven for about 50 minutes. When 50 minutes is up, turn the oven off and leave the cake in there for a further 10 minutes.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
Wet ingredients :
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the end :
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts, big pieces
- Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
- Mix the dry ingredients, then the wet ones, and combine. At the end add the walnuts
- Place in your greased loaf pan and in the oven for about 50 minutes. When 50 minutes is up, turn the oven off and leave the cake in there for a further 10 minutes.
Tip: leave big pieces of walnut, this gives you an added texture to the cake
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3322Total Fat: 149gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 89gCholesterol: 494mgSodium: 4050mgCarbohydrates: 462gFiber: 30gSugar: 222gProtein: 60g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate