Adelenne tells us it is an easy to make recipe and her little boy absolutely loves this dish! In fact even when Adelenne was taking the photo you see here, her little one was shouting he was hungry and that Adelenne should hurry with the dinner it smelled so good!
This meal can be used as a Breakfast, brunch or dinner casserole and is great for small or large families, you just adjust the quantities to suit.
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Persons
1 1/2 cups hash browns
1 1/2 cups ham, chopped ( I use honey baked ham)
1/2 a can of condensed cream of chicken
3/4 cup of milk
2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
dried or freshly chopped parsley
pepper (I didn’t use salt as there was already salt in the other ingredients).
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F and grease a 12 in x 8 in (30cm x 20cm) casserole dish.
2. Mix the 1/2 can of condense soup with the milk, set aside.
3. Break up the hash browns into pieces and put half of it into the bottom of the dish.
4. Scatter the ham on top of the hash browns.
5. Put 1 cup of mozarella and 1/2 cup of cheddar on top.
6. Season with black pepper. then put the rest of the hash browns over the top.
7. Pour the soup mixture over the hash brown.
8. Scatter the remaining cheese and sprinkle the parsley.
9. Bake for 40 mins until golden brown.
10. Let cool for 15 mins before serving.