Garlic and Lime Cilantro Rice. A wonderful refreshing side dish using simple fresh ingredients and always popular!
Garlic and Lime Cilantro Rice. All I can say is that this is one tasty side dish! The ingredients are so simple, and fresh, and with every bite, you get a wonderful clean, refreshing mouthful of deliciousness!
The recipe itself is incredibly easy, and you will most likely have the ingredients to hand, if not limes, perhaps lemons. Lemons are also a good substitute for the limes! I use Fragrant Jasmine Rice. This, in my opinion is really the best rice to use with this combination of flavors.
If you have left over rice, then this is a great way to use it up. For this recipe, I had some left over steamed rice from the night before and didn’t want to serve just plain rice again the following day so I decided to jazz it up and make this Garlic and Lime Cilantro Rice. Everyone loved it! I only had a couple of cups of cooked rice left over, but in hindsight, I should have made more.. if I had known everyone would ask for seconds! I know for next time!
You can make this up the day before if you needed to, then let cool and cover in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve. Then simply warm through in the microwave for a couple of minutes and loosen with a fork. I haven’t tried eating this dish cold (I am not a fan of cold rice!), however, I imagine the flavors will not be quite as aromatic as they are when warmed. If you do eat this cold, please do let us know in the comments if it is just as delicious as when warm.
This would be a great dish to serve at a party or Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas time. It’s so simple and quick to make you won’t feel hassle at all!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: Nil
2 Cups COOKED Rice (I use Fragrant Jasmine Rice for best results)
1 Tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil * See below
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 Cup FRESH Chopped Cilantro / Coriander
*** If you do not have Garlic Infused Olive Oil, it is easy to make some up. Simply add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil to a small pan and add 1 – 2 cloves of peeled whole garlic. On a low heat, allow the oil to heat gently for about 15 minutes. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool. If you want to put in a jar or bottle, do so, together with the garlic. Seal with a lid and it will keep at room temperature for a couple of weeks.
1. Cook the rice if not already cooked. If using left over rice which is cold, warm through in the microwave for 2 minutes and use a fork to loosen the rice grains.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and using a spoon, mix thoroughly until everything is combined and well coated.
3. Serve warm.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
I served this Garlic and Lime Cilantro Rice with delicious Tandoori Chicken the other night and it was a perfect marriage of flavors. You can check out the recipe by clicking on the photo below. (It’s so tasty!).
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 2 Cups COOKED Rice I use Fragrant Jasmine Rice for best results
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil * See below
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Cup FRESH Chopped Cilantro / Coriander
- Cook the rice if not already cooked. If using left over rice which is cold, warm through in the microwave for 2 minutes and use a fork to loosen the rice grains.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and using a spoon, mix thoroughly until everything is combined and well coated.
- Serve warm.