Beef, Broccoli & Ginger Stir Fry. This is a wonderful quick, easy and very tasty dinner, great to serve on it’s own with some rice, or to have alongside a variety of other Chinese dishes as often is done in Chinese cuisine.
Here, Adelenne shares her very easy recipe and tells us it is her son’s favourite! So let’s see how to make this dish.
This is a really easy and quick recipe. The tender succulent beef together with the crunchy broccoli, with it’s bright green colour….the gentle heat of fresh ginger all married together with the simple yet so delicious sauce makes for a fabulous flavoured dish!
For vegetarians, you can use tofu pieces. The tofu will take on a wonderful flavour.
A tip for quick stir frys is to blanch the broccoli florets in boiling hot water until nearly cooked. Then immerse in cold water to cool, then drain. This will keep the broccoli a lovely green colour and crisp.
- 6 oz or 100 g thinly sliced beef (use sirloin rib eye or similar tender steak beef)
- 2 Spring onions / Scallions
- 1 Small head of broccoli you can also add other veggies such as green beans etc
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 1 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1 tbs of oyster sauce
- 1 tbs of corn flour / corn starch
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1. Prepare the broccoli by cutting into small florets and blanching in hot water until semi cooked. Cut the spring onion into 2 inch strips, peel and slice the ginger into matchstick size. Set all these things aside.
2. Put sliced beef in a bowl, add sesame oil and corn flour. Mix well and marinate for 20 mins.
3. Heat pan with veg oil, fry ginger for a minute then, add beef. Fry until beef is almost cooked, add oyster sauce, and broccoli. Continue to fry till beef is cooked.
*** Tip : If the sauce is getting too thick whilst you are cooking, simply add a tablespoon or two of cold water to loosen it up a little.
4. Turn off heat and add in spring onions. Combine well and serve with plain rice.