Easy Peasy Soft Gingerbread Cookies, perfect for kiddies to help make too and of course super delicious!
Peggy has been so busy making all kinds of special goodies ready for the holiday season, here we have a wonderful recipe for her Soft Gingerbread Cookies. You can be sure these never last long so be sure to make double! Let’s see how Peggy makes these little delights!
Recipe from Peggy Mitchell
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 24
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
4. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
5. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an un greased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!