This is one of my favourite pizzas!
Here I made a Garlic, Shrimp and Pesto Pizza, and the flavour combination is just wonderful!
I also added some fresh salmon to stretch the toppings as shrimp can sometimes be expensive, but you can add any of your favourite seafoods, such as shrimp, fish, clams, mussels, calamari, and just follow the recipe for the marinade and flavourings.
The added squeeze of lemon or lime at the end just before serving the pizza lifts it totally and makes for such a wonderful eat.
So if you love garlic, seafood and pesto, this is one for you! If you’ve never tried the combination, you must!!! The pesto flavour which I have used on the base is really delicious indeed.
You can choose to make your own pizza bases, or buy your favourite one. For this recipe I used a Stoneground pizza base which was about 1/4 inch thick. Very tasty!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Yield: makes 1 pizza
1 Pizza Base of your choice. If you would like to make your own base click HERE
1 cup Fresh Raw Shrimp / prawns, peeled and de-veined
** you can also add a mixture like I have done and used raw fresh salmon
5 mushrooms sliced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 Tablespoons Pesto (plus more for the topping if you wish)
6-8 fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
**** you can add more or less cheese to your liking!
Salt and pepper to taste
A squeeze of half a lemon or lime.
1. Preheat oven to 220C / 425 F
2. If using your own pizza base, pre bake it first for 10 minutes so it is half baked. **** Please note if you are using a thick pizza base, the cook times will be a little longer so adjust accordingly.
3. In a dish, add the olive oil, chopped basil, minced garlic, shrimps and salmon or other seafoods. Season with some ground black pepper & salt. Mix altogether and set aside.
4. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto all over the base of the pizza, then distribute the shrimp, fish and other toppings.
5. Add the cheeses then with the oil and garlic the seafood was in, drizzle all over the top of the pizza and also a few blobs of pesto if you wish.
6. Place in the oven until cooked.
Seafood cooks very fast, so it is important to pre bake the pizza base (if it is not already bought pre baked). If you over cook seafood, it has a tendency to go tough or rubbery, so keep an eye on the pizza, and as a guide, when the cheese has meted and started to brown a little, the other toppings will be cooked through.
7. When done, remove from the oven and sprinkle some more fresh chopped herbs and squeeze a little lemon or lime on the top and serve.