Polish Cabbage and Noodles, Haluski. A very comforting and hearty meal with a delicious garlic flavor.
Polish Cabbage and Noodles, Haluski is a wonderful recipe. Its very quick and easy to prepare and taste out of this world. The ingredients are straightforward and this will feed even the hungriest of people!
This recipe has been kindly shared by Cathy Kopp, who has several Polish recipes, all of which are so popular with her family. Here’s what Cathy said about her recipe;
It’s so good! Quite comforting and very stick to your ribs hearty.
Haluski is the Polish name for this. I add my cabbage in two steps so that some of it wilts down but the rest keeps a crisper bite.
So without further ado, let’s get straight to the recipe and start cooking!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 Persons
8 ounces egg noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound kielbasa (or sausage of your choice), sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 large head of cabbage, chopped and divided in half
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook egg noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes less than the package directions say. Drain and set aside.
2. Brown the sausage slices in olive oil.
3. Add the butter and onion to the sausage. Cook until the butter melts and the onions soften; stirring to pick up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the garlic and half the cabbage. Stir until coated with butter then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the peas, the other half of the cabbage, and the noodles. Stir to combine, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!