Peggy’s BLT Salad.
People are often looking for recipes that have nice flavours, and different from the ‘same old’ salad we always seem to make.
Our foodie Peggy has made up a super BLT Salad full of great flavours, and when combined, you get a creamy flavour, and diners come back for second helpings! So let’s see how Peggy makes this family favourite.
Recipe from Peggy Mitchell
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: optional 1 hr for chilling
Yield: 4 Persons
3 cups / 230 g elbow macaroni, cooked
2 fresh tomatoes
2 Scallions / spring onions, chopped
Half an Iceberg Lettuce shredded
4 slices cooked bacon, also add some spicy sausage if you wish.
1/2 Cup / 130 g of Mayonnaise ( do not use salad dressing)
1 -2 Tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cook the macaroni as package instructions and rinse under cold water to cool, and drain.
Place macaroni in a bowl, and add the diced tomatoes, scallions and shredded lettuce.
2. Cook the bacon and spicy sausage, and cut into small pieces and add to the salad.
3. Make up the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. Season to taste. Be aware, if your bacon is salty, you may need less or no salt, so taste as you go along.
4. Add the dressing to the salad and combine.
5. If you save a little bacon you can sprinkle over the top of the salad for decoration.