Peach Croissant Puff. A great easy dessert and perfect for using up any left over croissants!
Peach Croissant Puff! This is a wonderful, easy and great tasting recipe. I’ve used croissants and a simple coconut egg custard and turned it into a kind of twist on a French Toast! For those who aren’t keen on coconut, simply swap the coconut milk for normal milk. Of course I love coconut and this flavor combination with the peaches is simply delicious. The coconut milk adds a richness to the taste and a creaminess too. Once baked, the croissants take on a really fluffy puffy texture. It’s like eating clouds!
Once it is all cooking in the oven, the top caramelises from the peaches and sugar, and the inside fluffs up and becomes a light, fluffy delicious pudding, woven with slices of peaches and a delicious flavour of creamy coconut from the custard mix. It really is so good! Try it! Serve warm on its own or with a blob of ice cream.
This is a really flexible recipe, so for example, you could swap the peaches for blueberries (here’s our Blueberry Croissant Puff recipe) or strawberries, or even add some cocoa powder to the milk custard so you end up with a chocolate dessert and throw in some nuts too!
You can use fresh baked croissants, or like me, I had a few croissants left over which were a couple of days old, so they weren’t really that nice to eat on their own, so I made this dessert.
Well, I call it a dessert but you could also eat it for breakfast or brunch too! You could prepare it the night before and simply pop in the oven when you are ready for serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 – 60 minutes
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
You will need a dish measuring 30cm x 15 cm and 7 cm deep. Don’t worry if it’s not an exact size, so long as it will hold all the liquid.
2 1/2 cups or 600 ml coconut milk Plus 3 Tablespoons of regular white sugar. (option, you can swap the coconut milk for regular milk)
6 tablespoons Light brown sugar
6 croissants (you can also use bread slices and buttered on one side, approx 12 slices)
1/2 cup or 50 g desiccated / shredded coconut. (optional)
1 can,16 oz or 500 g sliced peaches or fresh peaches if in season.
*** You can use regular milk instead of coconut if you wish.
1. Heat oven to 180C, Gas 4, 350F. Grease your dish.
2. Sprinkle 1 – 2 Tablespoons of sugar on the bottom of dish.
3. Slice croissants like in the photo below, about the thickness 2 inches / 5 cm and lay on the bottom of dish.
***If using bread slices, butter one side of each slice then cut into half so they are triangle shaped and layer along the dish butter side facing up. (See photo)
4. Drain the can of peaches and pat dry with some kitchen paper. If using fresh peaches, peel and slice them. Divide into 3 amounts, and the first amount, spread on top of the croissants / bread slices. Sprinkle with sugar and the dried coconut.
5. Add another layer of croissant / bread slices , then peaches, then sprinkle with sugar & dried coconut. Repeat another layer, ending with peaches and a sprinkle of sugar.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, eggs and 3 Tbsp white sugar, use a hand mixer to combine and incorporate as much air as possible, it should increase in volume by at least 1/3 to 1/2.
7. Pour the custard mix over the peaches etc, and use a spatula to push down a little so everything is under the liquid.
8. Place in the oven for 45 -60 minutes. After 30 minutes, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the surface (to crispy caramelise) . When the time is up, stick a knife in the pudding to see if there is no liquid. If there is, the custard mix needs a little longer to cook. It should be set and you shouldn’t see any runny liquid.
10. Once ready, leave the pudding to settle and firm up for half an hour or so and then serve warm with a blob of whipped cream, ice cream (you could really overdose and have coconut ice cream too!), or just enjoy it on it’s own with a lovely cup of tea! And there you have our delicious Peach Croissant Puff!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come try our lovely Blueberry Croissant Puff recipe. It’s bursting with juicy blueberries and filled with a delicious cream cheese filling. Yummy!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!