Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group. Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, which she makes every year for her hubby’s birthday. So it’s simply called ‘Papa’s Birthday Cake”. It’s got all his favourite ingredients in, nuts and pineapples, and as he’s the birthday boy, he get’s to choose what goes in his cake! This year, 2013, Nanny Pat made Papa’s birthday cake to celebrate his 78th Birthday. How about that!
Nanny Pat says this about Papa and his Birthday : Hubby is camera shy, but, he came in for a break ..and said….”Is it Cake yet”? So he had a piece with a mug of Green Tea, in our Sun porch, and we watched the news, and he said, that it was Lunch. He still hasn’t said if he wants Steak on the Grill, or a Roast Beef…(In our family, I have always let the Birthday person, pick their meal)…and he kept saying, “this is the best cake, and I don’t like cake.” DAH, we know…
So here is the Birthday Boy’s, favorite cake (and remember, he doesn’t like cake).haha”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Yield: 8 – 10 Persons
2 large eggs
1 (20 oz.) can Crushed Pineapple, AND all the Juice.
2 Cups / 250 g Flour
2 Cups / 400 g Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla(yes, Tablespoon)
2 Cups / 220 g Chopped Nuts (or, to your liking)
1 1/2 Cups / 180 g Confectioner’s Sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Cup / 110 g Butter, (softened)
1 tsp. Vanilla
The measures for the frosting is more than enough for the cake, and you can add as much or as little as you wish. If you have some left over, you can save it in the fridge and use it for another cake.
Set oven to 375 F, Gas 5, 190 C
1. In a Large Bowl with a Spoon, mix well all the ingredients for the cake
2. Spray a 9 X 13″ pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour batter in, and bake for about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it’s done.
4. COOL Completely on a wire rack…IN THE PAN
Cream together all the ingredients and spread on cooled Cake, that has been left in the pan.
6. Sprinkle with nuts, if you wish…Of course, I wish…Also, this is the only frosting I use for any cake calling for a Cream Cheese Frosting.
“Happy Birthday to Papa”.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 oz can Crushed Pineapple AND all the Juice., 20 .
- 2 Cups / 250 g Flour
- 2 Cups / 400 g Sugar
- 2 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla(yes Tablespoon)
- 2 Cups / 220 g Chopped Nuts (or to your liking)
- 1 1/2 Cups / 180 g Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 oz pkg. Cream Cheese 8 ., softened
- 1/2 Cup / 110 g Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp . Vanilla
- Set oven to 375 F, Gas 5, 190 C
- In a Large Bowl with a Spoon, mix well all the ingredients for the cake
- Spray a 9 X 13" pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter in, and bake for about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it's done.
- COOL Completely on a wire rack...IN THE PAN.
- While cake is cooling make Frosting -
- Cream together all the ingredients and spread on cooled Cake, that has been left in the pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if you wish...Of course, I wish...Also, this is the only frosting I use for any cake calling for a Cream Cheese Frosting.