This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Adelenne. She’s always coming up with great recipes which she either invents herself or adapts from various cookbooks to make her own. Adelenne has always got a tasty recipe or two to share with us. Here, we have Adelenne’s recipe for her Oatmeal Raisin Cookies which has wonderful ingredients! The cookies with the chewy oatmeal and the addition of raisins make them so addictive! Adelenne stores her cookies in a jar, and oh yes, her little boy knows exactly how to open the cookie jar!
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 – 20 minutes
Yield: 18 – 20 cookies, depending on the size you make them.
1 cup or 250 g butter, softened
3/4 cup or 150 g brown sugar
3/4 cup or 150 g castor sugar
1 1/2 cup or 190 g all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/2 cup or 390 g rolled oats
1 cup or 100 g desiccated (flakes) coconut
1 cup or 125 g raisins
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, 350 F
2. Sift Flour and baking powder. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla
5. Add flour, a little at a time
6. Add oats, coconut and raisins
7. Chill dough for about 20 mins
8. Using ice cream scoop, scoop dough on baking tray, 1 inch apart and press down flat.
Bake for 18-20 mins then cool on a rack.
Adelenne says “It’s the coconut that makes the difference. Almost like Anzac cookies.. I love those. And I love dipping cookies into blueberry yogurt as a breakfast or just a snack.”
- 1 cup or 250 g butter softened
- 3/4 cup or 150 g brown sugar
- 3/4 cup or 150 g castor sugar
- 1 1/2 cup or 190 g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cup or 390 g rolled oats
- 1 cup or 100 g desiccated coconut flakes
- 1 cup or 125 g raisins
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C, 350F
- Sift Flour and baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add flour, a little at a time
- Add oats, coconut and raisins
- Chill dough for about 20 mins
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop dough on baking tray, 1 inch apart and press down flat.
- Bake for 18-20 mins then cool on a rack.