Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group. Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, Nanny’s Easy Cranberry Sauce, which is often served like in the photo.
Here’s what Nanny Pat says about her sauce: “It is a loose sauce, and it goes with everything; pork, chicken, duckling, etc. I love it spread on our rolls, when we make turkey sandwiches with lettuce, and we also add a bit of mayo.
You can make this as hot or as mild as you like and certainly makes for a lovely accompaniment to a multitude of dishes.”
Recipe by Pat Milton
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Yield: 4 Cups Cranberries
4 Cups Cranberries
2 Cups Regular sugar
1 Cup water
1 Cup Orange Juice
1. Wash & drain cranberries, discarding any bad ones.
2. In a pan, add the cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice.
3. Bring to a boil, turn down and let cook until thick enough to suit you.
Serve with your turkey, chicken, pork, cold cuts, anything you like!
- 4 Cups Cranberries
- 2 Cups Regular sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- Wash & drain cranberries, discarding any bad ones.
- In a pan, add the cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and let cook until thick enough to suit you.