Nanny Pat has made some of her Delicious Cookies to share with us all. Nanny tells me she has been making these for many years and often takes a batch as a gift when she visits friends and family.
They’re always a hit and so popular, so now it’s time for Nanny to share her cookie recipe with the world!
Recipe by Pat Milton
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes plus 15 minutes rest
Cook Time: Approx 10 minutes
Yield: makes 5-6 dozen
2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Crisco OIL (or Wesson)
1/2 Cup Molasses
4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. cloves (ground)
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. Baking Soda
1. Mix well in a large bowl the eggs and sugar.
2. Then Add Crisco OIL (or Wesson) and Molasses
(I put the molasses in the measuring unit that I put the oil in, and makes it slip right out)
3. I use my stand mixer and then, Mix these ingredients below together, and add them slowly to the bowl, while mixer is running very slow :- flour, salt, ground cloves, ginger, cinnamon and baking Soda.
4. Important: let stand for 15-20 min.
5. Form into balls (about 1 inch rounds). Put granulated sugar in a wide short bowl, Roll in the sugar,placing them on cookie sheets (UNgreased). I only put 9 to a sheet.
6 Bake on UNgreased cookie sheet for 10 min., @ 350 degrees. Let set only 1 min. & then Carefully(very carefully) with a large thin spatula. remove to a rack to cool.
One of my grandchildren likes to spread softened butter on the bottom…so whatever floats your boat. Have with Milk, Tea, Coffee, or other Beverage of your choice….but most of all Enjoy!
*** I usually use paper liners, and take out and put on wire rack….while still warm, I brush tops with butter, and sprinkle large grain sugar (or other) on tops…..Enjoy