Mint Oreo Chocolate Fudge Cake. A perfect cake for all chocolate lovers!
Oh boy! This is one amazing cake! Made from scratch, this Mint Oreo Chocolate Fudge Cake is perfect for any party or celebration. It’s rich, and scrumptious, and a real chocolate lover’s dream!
The cake itself is quite dense, and has a fudgy texture. Moist, and rich in chocolate flavour, and the addition of the frosting, once set, plus the oreos, gives it an extra texture dimension when you bite in to this cake. The mint flavor from the oreos is just a perfect balance, not too over powering, just a subtle flavor of mint, which, as you will know, is a perfect combination with the chocolate.
I made this cake for a birthday party and oh yes! The slices went fast! It was for children so I cut the slices quite small. It’s very rich and you will only need a small slice to satisfy your chocolate craving!
The cake freezes very well too. I wrapped a couple of slices in foil and froze, then allowed to defrost at room temperature and there was no drop in quality when I tried it again. So if you wanted to make ahead you most certainly could! The cake is made from scratch and the frosting is ready made. I find the Betty Crocker brand to be very good quality and just as good as if I had made it myself (but with less fuss and washing up of course!)
Please enjoy our Mint Oreo Chocolate Fudge Cake!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 12-16 persons
3/4 cup or 175 g softened butter
3/4 cup or 175 ml milk
1 1/2 cups or 290 g regular sugar
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3 Tablespoons Betty Crocker Fudge or Chocolate Frosting (see photo below)
1 3/4 cups or 225 g Plain / All purpose flour (sieved)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
The Frosting / Topping
14 oz or 400 g Tub of Betty Crocker’s Chocolate or Fudge Frosting / Icing (less the 3 Tablespoons for the cake batter)
8 – 10 Mint Oreo Cookies, roughly broken
1. Heat oven to 170 C, 325 F. Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
2. Get all your ingredients ready, i.e sieve the flour, and add the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder to the flour etc.
3. Start with making the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar until a pale light colour. Add 3 Tablespoons of Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting and combine well.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low speed setting, a bit at a time. If the mixture starts to curdle or split, add a spoonful of your sieved flour, keep on adding the eggs, and a bit of flour if necessary, until all the eggs are added.
5. Add half the milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed. Once combined, add the rest of the milk and flour.
6. Transfer the cake mixture to the greased bundt pan. Then place in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes. *****
*** Please do test if the cake is done by using a skewer and poke it in the middle to see that it comes out clean. Every oven is different and cook times may vary a little.
7. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and turn on to a cooling rack and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then transfer on to a serving plate.
8. Whilst the cake is still HOT, use a spoon to stir the frosting to loosen it, then pour evenly all over the cake.
This cake is very rich so you will only need to cut small slices!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!