Lemon Melting Moments Cookies – A wonderful gentle lemon flavor with a melting sensation!
Have you ever taken a bite of a cookie and had that ‘melting’ sensation in your mouth? It’s certainly a wonderful feeling indeed!.
Here, after much trial and error, I’ve come up with a cookie which gives you that ‘melting moment’, with a hint of refreshing lemon on your taste buds, and a texture so delicate and scrumptious.
This cookie recipe is designed to have a little ‘melting effect’ in the oven so don’t panic! It will spread a little during cooking, and that just adds to the deliciousness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 mins
Yield: 3 1/2 Dozen
You will need an UN-GREASED baking tray
3/4 cup or170 g butter
1/2 cup or 60 g confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups or 190 g sifted All Purpose / plain flour
1. Placed sieved flour and sieved confectioners’ sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add butter in 1 cm pieces (distribute evenly over the flour)
3. Add water, lemon extract and vanilla extract
4. Mix together very well using hands until the ingredients form a dough. You should be able to have a ‘clean’ mixing bowl with no crumbs.
5. Cover with parchment & place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
6. Fill the cookie press half full and use a template of your choice, or roll out to 1 cm thick and use a cookie cutter. Place cookies on the UN GREASED baking tray about a hand width apart.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 350F, 180C, Gas 4 for 10 minutes or until the edges just begin to slightly brown. (see photo)
If your cookies have joined together after taking them out the oven, use a knife or plastic cutter to separate them whilst they are hot. Once they cool, it will be messy to try and cut them.
Have a look a the short video below to see how to use a cookie gun. It’s quite a good guide!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
Below are some more wonderful butter cookies below, all so delicious!