Eggnog and White Chocolate Fudge.A great treat for your families and also make super gifts for Christmas.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters,Michael Hankins. Michael loves to bake!
Eggnog and White Chocolate Fudge is a wonderful festive recipe, great to take to parties, for gift boxes, or to keep all for yourself!
Michael says that eggnog is available only for a few months of the year in the milk section of grocery stores, so as soon as you see it, be sure to grab some! Let’s see how to make this treat!
Recipe by A Taste of Home and adapted by Michael Hankins
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Will fit a 9 x 9 pan.
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup eggnog
2 cups sugar
14 oz white chocolate
1 Cup finely chopped Walnuts (optional)
1 Cup marshmallow cream
1 tspn nutmeg Plus extra for sprinkling
2 tspn vanilla extract
1. Line 9×9 pan with foil and make sure you grease it very well.
2. Combine butter, cream, eggnog + sugar in heavy saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat. Use a candy thermometer to reach 234°- soft boil stage.
****** Please note, if you have a thermometer the mix needs to reach 234 degrees, if not, as a guide, just boil for about 10 minutes, stirring and then if you fill a cup with cold water, drop a little bit of the mix into the cold water and if it’s ready, it forms a soft ball.
4. Remove from heat and add white chocolate, stir until melted. Add marshmallow cream, nutmeg and vanilla. Stir until all combined and smooth. Add walnuts if using.
5. Pour into pan and garnish with a bit more nutmeg.
6. Allow to cool at room temp completely. Several hours at least. Overnight is better.
7. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!