Have you ever eaten Ham that was dry or didn’t have much flavour? Maybe you cooked ham that took ages and ages to cook, or was just pretty boring to taste?
Well, here, I show you an easy recipe, it doesn’t take much effort at all, and you can guarantee there will be plenty of flavour and also very succulent and moist.
You can serve it as a dinner or use for salads, sandwiches etc, whatever you choose, you will love it I am sure!
1 ham joint
6 whole cloves (the spice)
1 Star Anise (if you can get it)
1/2 Cinnamon Stick or 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon powder. (the stick is better for flavour)
Bunch Fresh basil, or tarragon, thyme etc
1 Stick celery roughly chopped
2 Pineapple rings
Juice from a can of pineapples
1 bay leaf
1. Break the celery into half or less so it fits in the pan. Squeeze the orange juice into the pan and add the rest of the orange outer.
2. Put all the ingredients into the pan .
3. Add boiling water to the pan so it comes up 1 inch above the ham
4. Place the pan on a simmer, and cook for the time you calculated for the weight of your meat. Remember, 20 – 25 minutes for every 500 g / 1 pound of meat.
5. When the cook time is up, switch the heat off and leave the pan alone for 20 minutes. Then remove the meat and you will be able to carve it very neat and serve as you wish! Please enjoy!
Below I served the ham with some simple steamed vegetables and creamy mashed potato., and the pineapple rings that were in the broth!