Easy Cheat’s Manicotti – No more trying to stuff those pesky Manicotti tubes. Here’s a quick and easy way to get a great tasting dinner.
Jeanette is a busy mom to say the least! So she is always looking for ways to make her meals easy, quicker and of course tasty.
Here with Jeanette’s Easy Manicotti, she has made it really simple, and there’s no need to do the fiddly stuffing of the Manicotti.
See how Jeanette makes this tasty family meal!
Recipe from Jeanette Neumann-Melone
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (approx)
Yield: 8 Persons
6 cups / 1.4 litres of your favourite pasta sauce (I used about 2 x 24 oz jars of Barilla tomato basil)
2 x 15 oz containers part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups / 200 g grated/shredded Parmesan cheese. I use fresh not powder stuff but I’m sure it would work too.
3 cups / 300 g shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
handful of chopped flat leaf parsley (about 1/4 cup chopped)
1 Box Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
1. Soak lasagna noodles in boiling water in 9 x 13 baking dish for about 5 minutes or until soft. Gently peel the noodles away from each other. (if you tear a few no big deal no one is going to notice). Set to dry on kitchen towel or paper towels.
2. Mix ricotta, half of Parmesan, 2 cups of the mozzarella, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in medium bowl
3. Pour 2 cups of sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish to coat the bottom.
4. Take one softened lasagna noodle and put about 1/4 cup of the filling on the bottom 3/4 of the noodle and roll up like a sausage shape.
Do the same for remaining noodles and add to the baking dish.
5. Pour remaining sauce over all the pasta – top with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
Cover and bake at 375 F / 190 C / Gas 5 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 mins or until cheese is melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!