Dolly’s Chocolate Chip Cake
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodie supporters, Debi Garwol.
There’s a wonderful story behind many of the recipes Debi shares. Who may you ask is Dolly? Well, Dolly is Debi’s Mom, who used to spend many hours in the kitchen with her children, teaching them how to bake wonderful things.
Before Dolly’s passing, she typed up all her recipes so they could be shared with her family, and it is with a huge honour that Debi has kindly shared her Mom’s wonderful recipe with us all, Dolly’s Chocolate Chip Cake, and also a photo of her typed up recipe. It was Dolly’s intention that her recipes be shared and made over and over again for the enjoyment of all, so we hope that Dolly will be most proud that we have shared her recipe here, with the entire world! Thank you Dolly and Debi for sharing a part of your home.
So please enjoy Dolly’s Chocolate Chip Cake.
Recipe by Dolly & Debi Ratz – Garwol
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 -10 persons
1/2 cup Margerine
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Pint ( 8 oz) Sour Cream
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Chopped wWalnuts
1/2 Cup Chocolate Morsels
1/2 Cup Raisins (if desired)
1. Cream together first four ingredients then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 pan or use a bundt or loaf pan.
3. Add the cake batter to the pan and bake at 325 F for approx 1 hour.
4. When ready, remove from oven and sprinkle confectioners sugar on top.
This may be made as a loaf or in a Bundt & I have also made them as Muffins regular size as well as “mini” size
This is a great recipe, super easy, with a heavy pound cake like texture. Great to use for Tea’s and brunches or just to have around the house.
Awesome with Pecan’s too, and if you don’t want the chocolate substitute for raisin & nut. It’s an amazing Recipe handed down from my late Mother. We’ve been making it for over 40 yrs. Please enjoy Dolly’s Chocolate Chip Cake!
- 1/2 cup Margerine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Pint Sour Cream 8 oz
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 Cup Raisins if desired
- Cream together first four ingredients then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan or use a bundt or loaf pan.
- Add the cake batter to the pan and bake at 325 F for approx 1 hour.
- When ready, remove from oven and sprinkle confectioners sugar on top.