Rachel is one of the best bakers I have ever met! She has a small cake business, Cakes at Rachel’s based in the United Kingdom, and is really making a name for herself with all her beautiful creations. Here, we have Rachel’s brownie recipe, and you only have to look at the photo and you know it will just taste divine!
Rachel has kindly shared her delicious recipe and it really is easy to make. Her aim is to inspire and encourage more people to bake and enjoy what they’ve made, so without further ado, let’s see how Rachel makes these delicious brownies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Yield: 12 – 16 pieces
You will need: A baking pan 18 cm or 7 inch square pan
100 g (4 oz / just under 1/2 cup) margarine
50 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) plain / dark chocolate
175 g (6 oz / 1 1/3 cups) dark soft brown sugar
2 medium beaten eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
100 g (4 oz / 1 cup) self raising flour (or 1 teaspoon baking powder & 1 cup All Purpose flour combined)
a pinch of salt
50 g (2 oz / 2/3 cup) walnuts
1. Heat oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4. Grease a tin 18 x 18 cm (7 x 7 “).
2. Melt margarine and plain chocolate in a pan over hot water. Remove from the heat and cool when melted.
3. Stir in dark soft brown sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla essence.
4. Mix in self raising flour, a pinch of salt and walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the top is crispy and inside is soft.
6. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares and serving.
For a little extra flavour, gently roast the walnuts in the oven before adding to the mixture, and save a few for garnish.
To top this brownie off perfectly, whip up some cream with a little vanilla essence and 1 1 tsp caster or powdered sugar, dollop a spoonful on the plate with the brownie and sprinkle with some crunchy vanilla flavoured sugar and the rest of the roasted walnuts. Perfect!!!!
Visit Rachel on Facebook and see her lovely page by clicking HERE