Coconut Corn. Corn cooked in a rich and creamy coconut broth gives a wonderful flavor to a perfect side dish.
Coconut Corn! Oh boy! Most of you will know that Lovefoodies is a huge fan of anything coconut, so when we saw lots of fresh corn in the grocers on offer we decided to get experimental and come up with some different ways to add flavor to the corn. This is one of them. It was so delicious. I mean REALLY REALLY delicious, that it is worth sharing.
The recipe and ingredients are very simple and straightforward, but the result is a rich, creamy coconut explosion with every bite!
I love this recipe because it’s so simple yet packs a huge flavor. You could make these ahead and wrap in foil and warm through in the oven or grill if you’d like to make ahead.
Please do enjoy our delicious Coconut Corn!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 cobs
4 – 6 Fresh Corn Cobs
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 can Coconut Milk
Same amount Fresh Milk (use the empty coconut can to measure amount)
Salt & Pepper (be generous with the salt)
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1. In a large saucepan add the coconut milk and fresh milk, together with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
3. Serve on a plate and using a slotted spoon, scoop out some of the shredded coconut and arrange over the corn.
** At this point, you could also wrap the coprn in fopil and keep warm on the BBQ or in the oven until serving
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 4 - 6 Fresh Corn Cobs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Same amount Fresh Milk use the empty coconut can to measure amount
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- In a large saucepan add the coconut milk and fresh milk, together with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Add the corn and place the lid on the pan and allow to slowly simmer for 25 - 30 Minutes or until tender to your liking.
- Serve on a plate and using a slotted spoon, scoop out some of the shredded coconut and arrange over the corn.