Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 24 mins for cupcakes or 1 hour 15 minutes for a regular loaf (approx)
Yield: 12 cupcakes
You will need a 12 cupcake pan & liners, or equivalent.
You can also use a regular size loaf pan.
1 1/4 Cups or 225 g Plain / All Purpose flour sieved
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of salt
1/3 Cup or 75 g Butter, softened
3/4 cup or 175 g Brown Sugar
3 medium eggs lightly beaten
3 mashed bananas
1 cup or 100 g chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate.
1. Heat oven to 180C, Gas 4, 350F.
2. Mix together the sieved flour, salt, bicarbonate soda and baking powder.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs to the mixer a little at a time with a few tablespoons of the flour (to stop the batter from splitting).
4. Add the bananas and chocolate chips, combine well. Using a metal spoon, fold in the rest of the flour gently.
5. Transfer mixture to baking pan / cup cake liners etc and spread evenly. If you are using silicone, no need to grease or line.
6. Place in the oven for around 20 – 24 minutes.Using a skewer check if they are done.
If making one regular loaf, the cook time will be around 1 hr
7. When ready, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack and eat when they are cool enough for you to enjoy! They sure are delicious so be sure to have a cup of tea ready too!