It’s certainly a cake full of goodies and super moist. The recipe is very easy, and here, Peggy made this as a sheet pan style cake, and decorated it with some of her family’s favourite ingredients.
So let’s take a look and see how Peggy baked her cake.
Recipe by Peggy Mitchell
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 -35 minutes
Yield: it makes a large cake, using a 9 x 13 pan.
1 x 16.5 oz (460 g) double chocolate cake mix
1 cup (235 ml) milk
1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
For pouring on the hot cake
1 x 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 bottle (10 oz) of caramel ice cream sauce
1/2 bottle (10 oz) of hot fudge
The Frosting & Decoration
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup if toffee bites
16 oz thawed cool whip
To make the cake
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4
2. Combine all the ingredients until smooth then pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
3. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, test if the toothpick comes out clean.
4. Heat the fudge sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds, then mix it together with the condensed milk and caramel ice cream sauce. Use a fork, or straw, poke holes all over the top of the cake (whilst it is hot). Then slowly pour the mixture all over the cake. Leave to COMPLETELY cool. ****Be sure to pour evenly so the liquid soaks in even at the sides.
5. Spread the cool whip over the cake. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and toffee bites on top of the cool whip and refrigerate until ready for serving. For best results, refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.