This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp.
This is an easy supper dish, using leftover or pre-baked potatoes, an egg and some other goodies.
Cathy pays tribute to Food Author, Marion Cunningham, and her recipe book The Supper Book.
Marion was a regular housewife who, in her later years, wrote 4 recipe books, and sadly passed away in 2012 at the age of 90 years.
Much of her cooking was aimed at helping families make good home recipes, and here’s what she said of her husband’s food sense, “He doesn’t like homemade bread and he doesn’t like vegetables. The only green thing he says he likes is money.” So Marion also had to deal with a ‘picky eater’ in her home!
So it is with great tribute, we share this recipe, and full credit can only be given to Marion for her wonderful recipe.
Recipe made by Cathy Kopp and originated from Marion Cunningham
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Yield: 1 Allow 1 potato per person.
1 baked potato The larger the better as you will get more filling in it!
1 Tbs butter
2 medium eggs
scallions / spring onions, cooked bacon, grated cheese
salt, pepper. You can also add other spices & herbs to your taste.
1. Cut the potato lengthways and use a spoon to scoop the potato out, leaving a little potato left for the potato layer. Scoop enough out to fit the egg and other goodies in. Do this for both halves.
2. Place 1/2 tbs of butter in each potato boat.
3. Crack an egg in each potato hollow.
4. Add the cooked bacon bits and sprinkle with grated cheese on the tops, season with salt and pepper, maybe other herbs and spices if you wish.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 F / 190 C/ gas 5 oven for 15 – 25 minutes or until eggs are just set. The longer you cook, the more set your eggs will be. You decide on your preference!