Cheesy Bacon and Tomato Mini Pizzas!
Here’s a super quick and incredibly easy recipe for you! It’s so handy, because if, like me, you have unexpected visitors arrive, or you want to make up some nice little bites for a party, but don’t want to have a lot of fuss, these little pizzas will do just the trick.
They’re very flexible with the toppings, so you can make up a variety if you feel inclined. For these mini pizzas, I’ve used some bacon, tomato and cheddar cheese. of course, you could make some with some chopped pieces of asparagus, or bell peppers, maybe some chorizo sausage. Really, the sky’s the limit with what you want to use, so be creative and have some fun!
These will also freeze very nicely, if you wanted to make ahead for a party, or have handy for lunch boxes, simply reheat from frozen until heated through. They don’t take long at all!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Serves 16 approx
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent rolls or 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
1 – 2 Tomatoes, sliced
1 cup chopped bacon
1/2 cup Grated cheddar cheese
1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
2. Unroll pastry and cut in to squares, around 1/12 inch squares. You can choose any size to suit! Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
3. Slice tomatoes and then cut each slice in to halves. You can also use cherry tomatoes, if so, simply cut them in half.
4. Brush each pastry square with a little egg wash, particularly around the edges.
5. Place a small amount of bacon, then a slice of tomato then a sprinkling of cheese on each pastry square. You can also add some fresh basil leaves like I did if you wish.
Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!