Cabbage Rolls, Golabki. A classic stuffed cabbage recipe, easy to make and also a vegetarian option in the recipe. A great tasting meal!
Cathy is always cooking delicious Home made dishes, and just loves to cook.
Here, Cathy’s Cabbage Rolls, Golabki is a family recipe and is certainly a favourite.
Here, Cathy shares with us her wonderful family recipe and also some super family photos showing 2 families coming together to make the rolls in preparation for a wedding. It certainly is a labour of love, and well worth every effort when you get to taste how delicious they are. It’s also a great way to spend family time when everyone can visit and gather around the kitchen table and enjoy the company!
****At the end of the recipe, Cathy also gives a vegetarian version for those wishing to make this too!
Recipe Shared with permission from Grandma Joanna’s family, by Cathy Kopp
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 Rolls, approx
2 lbs ground round beef
1 pkg rice-a-roni spanish flavor
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 cans 10.4 ounces cans of condensed tomato soup
1/2 Pint sour cream
Large Head of cabbage
1. Prepare rice-a-roni according to package directions.
2. Boil head of cabbage just long enough to soften it and gently separate the leaves. Then cut a “V” into each cabbage leaf at the base to remove the thickest part of the big vein. Otherwise it won’t roll properly.
3. Mix prepared rice into the meat with spices, dry soup mix, and 1/2 cup of the tomato soup.
4. Wrap into rolls.
5. Whisk together remaining tomato soup and sour cream
6. Pre grease a baking pan and add a ladle of the sauce in the bottom first, then arrange the rolls in the pan Pour the rest of the sauce over rolls bake at 350 F for 1 hr or until done.
Omit the meat, dry soup, and sour cream.
Use prepared brown rice and add chopped veggies (carrots, zucchini, onion, celery, corn, plus whatever else you find).
Add one 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes to the veggie mixture.
Wrap into rolls.
Add one 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes into tomato soup gravy.