Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is a lovely simple dish, served warm or chilled as a main or side dish. Goes perfect with a BBQ too!
Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is an incredibly easy recipe and also great if you have left over pasta to use up!
Of course the combination of bacon and asparagus is wonderful, and when fresh asparagus is in season and at its best, this makes for a very tasty dish which is suitable as a main course or as a side dish. I often make this to go alongside other dishes when we have a BBQ. Grilling season is always such fun, and gives you the opportunity to make a variety of side dishes, using so many fresh ingredients once the weather warms up and vegetables are at their best.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it no problem at all to prepare. It’s just a case of adding everything to a skillet and warming through. You can make ahead and serve the following day, although preparation really is quick. Serve warm or chilled, it will be absolutely delicious either way! So please enjoy our Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 3- 4 persons
6-8 Rashers bacon
9 oz or 250 g Fresh Asparagus
3-4 cups cooked pasta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts
Parmesan shavings (optional)
1. Cook the bacon until crispy then chop in to small pieces. Reserve the bacon drippings in the pan.
2. Cook the asparagus by placing in boiling water and cook to your liking. I usually cook for around 5-6 minutes so there is still a bite to it. Drain and rinse in very cold water. Then cut the asparagus in to bite sized pieces.
3. Add the olive oil to a fry pan, together with the reserved bacon drippings and heat. Then add the pasta and toss so it is coated with the oil.
4. Add the bacon and asparagus, toss so it is all combined, then add the pine nuts.
5. Serve warm or cold with some shavings of Parmesan Cheese if you wish. And there you have our Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!