This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina.
Cari’s Amazing Ginger Cookies are packed full of flavour and incredibly easy to make.
Always good with a nice cup of tea or glass of cold milk!
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/3 cup for coating
6 tablespoons Molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and combine.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the molasses and egg, and continue to beat until combined.
4. Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined. Gather to form a dough and divide into 18 balls, a little smaller than a ping pong ball in size.
5. Place remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar in a bowl. Roll balls in sugar to coat and place at least 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (I had about 6 cookies per sheet). Using the bottom of a glass, flatten into 3-inch rounds. Sprinkle with sugar remaining in bowl.
6. Bake until brown, 12 to 15 minutes then all to cool on a wire rack.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!